Saturday, February 10, 2007

Energy Bar Cookies - Stuff you can live on.

When I was in college in did not have much money and I did not like cooking alot of meals. So what I would do is buy one or two packages of Nestle Tollhouse chocolate chips, any ingredients listed on the back plus other things like Pecans, Coconut, Peanut Butter, Peppermint, Oatmeal, etc.

Many times, the extra ingredients that I would use like Peanut Butter and Oatmeal where ingredients that I always had in the house. If using Peanut Butter, replace out half of your stick butter with peanut butter.

Tip: Don't overcook your cookies. They don't taste as good when they are black. Try to cook then until they are golden brown.

I would usually make a double batch of my Energy Bar Cookies. This produced around 8-12 dozen cookies. Many times these cookies would last 2-3 weeks. The extra cookies were stored in the freezer or sealed in a cookie jar. Any time I did not have time for a meal. I grab a handful of my special cookies and some milk.

Cheers,
Goodtime

No comments: